State-level People's Science Fest in Karnataka
Breakthrough Science Society (BSS) – in collaboration with KLE's S.Nijalingappa College - is organising a 3-day State-level People’s Science Fest at KLE's S.Nijalingappa College, Rajajinagar on 25-27 July, 2014. The idea is to make science as enjoyable as a festival, to use stories, movies, plays, models, demonstrations, charts etc.. as means of effective communication and popularization of science and to strive to establish scientific outlook as the preferred outlook in society. The fest commemorates the 900th birth anniversary of the great Indian mathematician & astronomer, Bhaskara II. Prof. U.R.Rao (Ex-Chairman, ISRO and Chairman, PRL, Ahmedabad) will inaugurate the fest. Entry is free.
...   | Read more
Objectives of Breakthrough Science Society
- To cultivate scientific and logical faculty of mind;
- To foster consciousness against unscientific beliefs, superstitions, fanaticism, communalism, casteism, etc.;
- To disseminate and popularize different discoveries and advancements of science;
- To cultivate the study of history and philosophy of science;
- To inculcate ethical values and social responsibility in all fields of scientific endeavour;
- To devise and introduce correct method of teaching and learning of science;
- To conduct campaign for the introduction of a secular, scientific and democratic education policy;
- To move for the introduction of pro-people government policies in regard to research, development, and application of science and technology for the benefit of the people;
- To build up movement for the socialization of natural resources and for the correct use of science and technology to ensure sustainable development and protection of environment; and
- To fight against the misuse of science for the destruction of humanity.