Coding is the process of writing a set of instructions to perform a specific task. It is the foundation for everything from web design to video games. Coding teaches logical thinking and problem-solving skills that are essential in our modern world.
Coding has become an essential skill in our digital world. In fact, it’s even predicted that by 2020, there will be 1 million more programming jobs than computer science graduates in the U.S.
The demand for coding is so high that the average student spends $3,000 to learn how to code on their own. That’s a lot of money! It’s no wonder that our public schools are struggling to keep up with the demand.
Teach Yourself How To Code
There are ways you can teach yourself code without spending that much money and still get in-demand skills on your resume. One way is to take online courses like Treehouse or Udemy, which offer courses on coding and web development for a fraction of the price.
Many people also teach themselves how to code in a specific language by going through various online tutorials, which can be helpful if you’re just looking to learn one new skill.
Try learning Python or Ruby on Codecademy or SourceLair as an example. Use boilerplate code to practice what you have learned, and then take that knowledge and go out into the real world to apply that skill.
Think about what you have to offer If you already have relevant skills that are marketable, such as programming skills or some knowledge in a certain industry, then it’s important to think about how you can monetize those skills.
Coding and the Changing World of Work – What You Need to Know
In the future, there will be a need for coders who are not just proficient in coding but also in other skills like data analytics. This is because these coders will be able to handle all the tasks that come with coding, from machine learning to data management and more. Coding is an essential skill for any aspiring professional. But it is not just about knowing how to code. It is also about understanding how coding can be used in different industries and domains. The foundations of coding and data analytics are similar, so it is a good idea to have some experience with both before diving into these fields.
A tech company will require different skills depending on the industry and domain. For example, if you’re applying for a job at Microsoft Corp., then the following are required:
- Competency in Visual Studio IDEExperience with using VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) macro scripting, PowerShell, and other scripting language tools.
- A thorough understanding of database technologies and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages Experience with building and deploying SSIS packages
- Experience with developing databases, storing and loading data, creating relationships between tables, querying data from views
- A thorough understanding of .NET technology
- A solid foundation in computer science and mathematics
- Skills required for learning Microsoft Azure cloud platform technologies
- Digital Literacy Skills Microsoft Excel: MS Excel is a spreadsheet, database, and desktop publishing program in one. Microsoft Excel is used to perform complex mathematical calculations, analyze data and create charts, graphs, and tables.
Read also: Science and Technology Drives World Advancement
How to Learn Basic Code & Start Building Your Own Programs
If you are interested in programming, there are many ways to get started. You can use online tutorials, or you can buy a book. The first step is to learn the basics of coding.
The easiest way to learn how to code is by using an online tutorial. There are many websites that offer tutorials on how to code in different languages such as Python and Java. Many of these sites offer interactive tutorials that allow you to type your own commands and see the results immediately, which makes them a great place for beginners.
Another option for beginners is buying a book about coding. There are many books available in bookstores and on Amazon that teach the basics of coding in different languages such as Python and Java. The best way for beginners to learn how to code is by using an online tutorial and picking up a book afterward.